Major Scale Construction
Please review this page to see how a Major scale is constructed.
To construct a Major scale you need to know the following:
1. How to count or say the alphabet.
2. The name of the root note.
3. The steps of the Major scale. These are W W H W W W H. Adjacent frets are 1/2 step apart (half step). Fret - skip a fret - Fret represents one whole step.
4. In the Major scale the 1/2 steps are ALWAYS between the 3rd and 4th tones and the 7th and 8th (octave) tones.
5. This is worth remembering.